SOLD – 2018 Jeanneau SO 389 38′
- Deck Equipment
- Sails & Rigging
- Electronics & Navigation
- Upgrades & Improvements
- Additional Comments
“Papillion” combines ease of handling to the pleasure of on-board comfort. She’s lively and fast. Even in light winds, she wants only to make you feel like you’re in control. Escape for a day, a weekend or more.
She has a bright and inviting interior with varnished teak bulkheads, white overhead, and a light oak laminate cabin sole. Deck hatches have sliding screens for privacy and ventilation.
The forward cabin provides guests with privacy and comfort. The double berth has port and starboard shelves and large hanging locker, large tall storage shelving, deck hatch, and port & starboard reading lights.
The salon’s starboard dinette has storage under and behind plus shelving outboard. The table drops to a double berth with filler cushion. The port seating converts to a single berth with storage under, shelving and cabinets above, and a cabinet/end table forward. Good light and ventilation are provided by long and smaller screened ports, three deck hatches, two hull ports and the companionway.
The L-shaped galley to starboard has storage galore. The deep stainless steel double sinks are near center line with pressure hot and cold water, and 10.6 gallon hot water heater. The insulated, front and top loading ice box is fitted with 12 Volt DC refrigeration. Storage cabinetry and counter tops w/fiddles and compartments, makes food preparation in harbor or underway simple and efficient. The Eno two burner propane stove with oven is gimbaled and augmented with a microwave. An opening screened port near the stove and the companionway provide good ventilation while cooking.
The aft facing navigation station is to port at the aft end of the settee
There is a wet hanging locker aft of the navigation station and forward of the head.
The head to port of the companionway is set up with an Quiet Flush electric head & holding tank, pressure hot and cold water, fiberglass sink and counter top, mirror/medicine cabinet, shower stall with independent shower sump pump, cabinets, dome lights, and two coach roof portholes with screens. A door in the aft end of the shower stall provides interior access to the large port cockpit locker.
The aft cabin to starboard has a large double berth with hanging locker. The hull port, opening deck hatch and opening cockpit port plus overhead lighting make it all feel light and airy. Reading lights are in four corners.
- GRP bowsprit w/anchor roller
- Lofrans electric windlass
- Anchor w/chain to nylon rode
- Deck anchor windlass locker
- Bow pulpit and stern pushpit
- Stainless steel, double lifelines w/gates, port, starboard and stern
- Vinyl rub rail
- Teak hand rails
- Six mooring cleats
- 3 Fenders
- 6 Dock lines
- Flares, horn, 2 fire extinguishers
- First aid kit
- 6 Adult PFDs
- Navigation lights – LED Running lights on bow & transom, steaming light on front of mast, anchor light on top of mast
- New Bimini by Boat Tailors 2020
- Teak helm seat, cockpit seating and cockpit sole
- Folding cockpit table
- Cockpit lockers (room for life raft in port locker)
- Fold up helm seat to walk-thru transom
- Walk-thru transom w/fold down swim platform & ladder
- Hand held shower at the stern
- Double propane locker with one bottle
- Boat hook
Sails & Rigging
- Stainless steel wire rigging
- Split backstay
- ProFurl Roller furler
- In-mast Roller furling main
- Rigid boom vang
- Spinnaker fittings
- Amoit traveler on cabin top
- In-mast furling Dacron main sail
- Roller furling Dacron 130% Genoa w/UV protection panel
- Sail area: 754 sq. ft. (with 130% Genoa)
- Anodized aluminum furling mast with double spreaders is deck stepped
- 5 Cabin top rope clutches
- Cockpit line bag
- Genoa tracks w/ball bearing fairleads
- 2 Harken #44 two speed self-tailing primary winches
- 1 Electric Harken #32 two speed self-tailing winch on port cabin top
- 1 Harken #32 two speed self-trailing winch on starboard cabin top
- 2 Locking and winch handles
- Air conditioning
- Manual bilge pump
- Automatic bilge pump
- Engine throttle/shift lever on steering pedestal
- Engine emergency alarm for oil pressure/engine temperature
- Tachometer, hour meter and fuel gauge
- Closed system cooling
- Primary and secondary fuel filters
- Single propane tank
- Raritan 10.6 gallon hot water heater
- The Quiet Flush head discharges into holding tank
- Dual steering wheel
- Tiller Drag Link steering
- Emergency manual tiller
- 29 HP Yanmar Model: 3YM30AE Sail Drive w/98.8 hours
- Stainless steel prop shaft with dripless seal
- Gori folding propeller (2019)
- Proper bronze ball seacocks
- VC17 Bottom paint
- Custom canvas winter cover by Boat Tailors (2019)
- Engine Make: Yanmar 3YM30AE
- Engine Year: 2018
- Total Power: 29hp
- Engine Hours: 98
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Length Overall: 38.5ft
- Length on Deck: 37.17ft
- Max Draft: 4.92ft
- Beam: 12.33ft
- Cabin Headroom: 6.25ft
- Length at Waterline: 34.08ft
- Fresh Water Tank: 1 X 53 Gal (Plastic)
- Fuel Tank: 1 X 34 Gal (Plastic)
- Holding Tank: 1 X 12 Gal (Stainless Steel)
- Heads: 1
Upgrades & Improvements2019Boat Tailors Winter Cover/Gori Folding Prop, 16.6x14x3LHS
Boat Tailors Bimini and Bimini Boot
Water Heater bypass kit for winterization
Fair Winds Canvas cockpit cushions/added spinnaker halyard/sails cleaned
From the very first glance, “Papillion” captivates with her pure lines, generous interior volume and inviting cockpit. She has the perfect combination of performance, comfort and safety at sea. Just add your personal touches to match your dreams and create lifetime memories.
Sending your message. Please wait...
Thanks for your message! We'll get back to you shortly.
There was a problem sending your message. Please try again.
Please enter one valid email address.
Please complete all the fields in the form before sending.
Name Error. Use only alpha.
Message Error. Only Use only alpha and numbers.