2004 Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 35′
- Deck Equipment
- Sails & Rigging
- Electronics & Navigation
- Upgrades and Improvements
- Additional Comments
“Summer Wind” combines ease of handling to the pleasure of on-board comfort. She’s lively, fast and really a joy to sail. Even in heavier winds, she wants only to make you feel like you’re in control. Escape for a day, a weekend or more.
She has a bright and inviting interior with varnished Burma teak bulkheads, white headliner, tasteful neutral cushions and a traditional teak & holly cabin sole.
The forward cabin provides guests with privacy and comfort. The large double V-berth (6’9” x 5’8”) is cushioned with nova blue/yellow/white fabric covers, with white hull liner and storage below. Long shelves port and starboard, a hanging locker to starboard and stacked double-door storage shelving cabinets with desk surface to port, both with shoe storage below, plus a book cubbyhole forward. Large deck hatch with retractable sunshade, and port cabin & starboard pivoting reading lights, plus a 3-speed 12V DC fan, all help make it light and airy.
The salon’s inviting U-shaped seating to starboard has ergonomic cushions with light beige leatherette covers with plenty of storage under & behind, plus shelving and 3-bottle wine rack outboard and two convenient cabinets above. The salon table raises to overhead for easier cleaning or converting starboard seating to a double bunk with included cushions & supports (in bonus locker). The port seating can expand or converts to a single berth by sliding nav desk aft, plus has storage under with shelving and two cabinets above. Good light and ventilation are provided by four long side ports, two hull ports, three deck hatches (largest w/vent), the companionway, plus four more opening ports aft, all with sliding curtains or retractable sunshades. Evenings come alive under the salon’s three overhead halogen lights or two softer cabin lights.
[Note: Brass clock is not included]
The L-shaped galley to starboard has storage galore and a tinted accent glass divides salon seating from the galley. The deep stainless steel double sinks are near center line with pivoting mixer faucet for pressure cold and hot water from a 10.6-gallon heater. The large (37-gallon) insulated, top loading ice box with shelf & bins is fitted with 12 Volt DC refrigeration. Storage cabinetry, compartments, counter tops w/fiddles and a pivoting task light makes food preparation in harbor or underway simple and efficient. Cabinets below sinks with two sliding drawers and more storage, plus a swing-out waste basket with auto-opening lid. The Eno two-burner propane stove with oven is gimbaled or can be secured. An opening hatch near the stove and the companionway provide good ventilation while cooking. Enjoy meals aboard with table setting for six of Jeanneau crockery, silverware, and glasses.
The navigation station is to port across from the galley. Forward facing curved wood navigator’s seat with ample storage below. The opening chart table also easily slides aft & locks for added salon seating or converts to a single berth with included cushions & support (in bonus locker). Electronics panel with voltmeter, VHF, Chartplotter, Stereo, dedicated bookshelf, flexible chart light are all readily accessible. A deep hanging locker with shelf is immediately aft of the nav station and forward of the head.
The head to port of the companionway features molded fiberglass furnishing, a solid surface countertop with stainless steel basin, pivoting mixer faucet for pressure hot and cold water, mirror/medicine cabinet with pivoting task light. Separate shower stall with tinted door, shower mixer tap with long retractable sprayer & hanger, wet cabinet and folding composite shower seat over the manual head, independent shower sump pump. Side port, opening port and dome light keep the head bright and welcoming.
Head also provides access aft to a large extra storage locker (6’0” x 3’0”) for spinnaker, added cushions & supports and much more, plus two overhead drawers for spare parts, tools, etc. Also, technical access to 12-gallon stainless steel holding tank, auto-pilot sending units, etc. An opening port and dome light complete this great bonus locker.
Companionway is molded fiberglass with four curved teak steps with non-skid and opens forward or removes for easy engine access. The large tinted sliding hatch and hatch boards with ventilation bathe the interior with light.
The owner’s cabin to starboard aft has a large double berth (6’6” x 6’4”) with backrest, cushioned in nova blue/yellow/white fabric covers, with white hull liner and storage below. Large hanging locker with shelf, plus a long shelf aft, to starboard. Table surface over additional engine easy access points and under battery switches. The two opening ports, starboard cabin light and two pivoting reading lights, plus a 3-speed 12V DC fan, help make it feel cozy.
- Double anchor roller
- Lofrans electric windlass with plug-in wired control
- Delta anchor w/chain on 150’ nylon rode
- Deck anchor locker
- Bow pulpit and stern pushpit with life-ring bracket
- Coated stainless steel, double lifelines w/gates, port, starboard and stern
- 6 mooring cleats with open chocks
- 8 Dock lines
- 6 Fenders
- Boat hook
- Flares (w/launcher) & horn
- 2 fire extinguishers
- First aid kit
- 6 Adult PFDs & life ring
- Navigation lights – Running lights on bow & transom, steaming light on front of mast, anchor light on top of mast
- Teak cockpit seating, swim platform, toe rail inserts – all left natural
- Teak handrails, companionway rails and flag staff – all with Sikkens Cetol
- Folding opening cockpit table with fiddles, plus 3 cup holders on pedestal
- Binnacle/wheel cover, blue Sunbrella with Jeanneau logo
- Cockpit lockers (room for life raft in starboard locker, hatch boards in port locker)
- Movable helm seat for walk-thru to scoop transom
- Swim platform w/fold down ladder and handheld shower with H/C water
- American flag on teak staff for stern rail
Keel Type: Shoal_Draft
Ballast: 5064 lb
Displacement: 13900 sq ft
Max Draft: 5.00 ft
Sails & Rigging
- Elvstrom-Sobstad dacron main sail w/partial full battens with lazy jacks intoblue Sunbrella zippered lazy bag, both with Jeanneau logos. Sail area 280 square feet
- Elvstrom-Sobstad roller furling dacron 135% Genoa w/white UV protection panel. Sail area 390 square feet
- Quantum nylon asymmetrical spinnaker, tri-radial design in red/white/blue, plus Chutescoop sleeve for easy launching from spinnaker deck bag
- Selden anodized aluminum mast with double spreaders is deck stepped
- Stainless steel wire rigging
- Split backstay
- ProFurl roller furler
- Genoa tracks w/fairleads
- 2 Harken #40 two-speed self-tailing primary winches
- 2 Harken #32 two-speed self-tailing winches on cabin top
- 2 Harken stainless locking winch handles
- 3 Spinlock deck line organizers
- 11 Spinlock cabin top rope clutches
- Harken traveler on cabin top
- Cruising spinnaker gear/rigging (Sparcraft pole w/Forespar stanchion mounts, pad eyes, snatch blocks, etc.)
- Halyards for mainsail, genoa, spinnaker
- Sheets for genoa, spinnaker
- Dual single-line reefing from safety of cockpit
- Mainsail outhaul
- Boom vang
- Boom topping lift
- Boom preventer
- Pole topping lift and foreguy
- Flag halyards with shroud cleats
- Leather turnbuckle boots
- Engine throttle/shift lever on steering pedestal
- Engine emergency alarm for oil pressure/engine temperature
- Tachometer, hour meter and fuel gauge
- 29 HP Yanmar Model 3YM30 w/ 997 total engine operating hours
- Closed system cooling
- Primary and secondary fuel filters
- Stainless steel prop shaft with dripless seal
- 3-Blade PYI Max-Prop feathering propeller
- Proper bronze ball seacocks
- Raritan 10.6 gallon hot water heater
- Jabsco manual head discharges into holding tank
- Automatic bilge pump
- Manual bilge pump
- Emergency wood thru-hull plugs
- Single propane tank in double tank locker
- Goiot pedestal w/35” leather covered, stainless steel steering wheel
- Emergency manual tiller
- Spare parts including: 2-Blade fixed propeller, Harken winch maintenance kits, belt, impeller, fuses, bulbs, clamps, shackles, hardware, custom stripes, etc.
- VC17 Bottom paint
- Top Shop custom winter cover & frame (canvas is worn)
- Jeanneau custom steel cradle
- Three batteries (2 house & 1 motor)
- Battery charging isolation switch
- 30 amp Multi-stage battery charger
- 30 amp 50’ shore power cords
- 12 volt DC electronic panel w/battery voltmeter
- 110 volt AC panel w/circuit breakers
- Propane remote valve switch
- Water tank level indicators
- GFCI AC outlets
- Engine Make: Yanmar 3YM30
- Engine Year: 2004
- Total Power: 29hp
- Engine Hours: 998
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Drive Type: Direct Drive
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Propeller Type: 3 Blade
- Propeller Material: Bronze
- Length Overall: 35.25ft
- Length on Deck: 34.25
- Max Bridge Clearance: 50.42ft
- Max Draft: 4.75ft
- Beam: 11.42ft
- Cabin Headroom: 6.25ft
- Windlass: Electric Windlass
- Electrical Circuit: 12V
- Fresh Water Tank: 1 X 82 Gal (Plastic)
- Fuel Tank: 1 X 34 Gal (Plastic)
- Holding Tank: 1 X 12 Gal (Stainless Steel)
- Cabins: 2
- Heads: 1
Upgrades and Improvements
- 2004 Standard Horizon Spectrum+ VHF, RAM Mic at helm, Shakespeare antenna, hailer horn on mast, all new safety equipment
- 2005 Top Shop-Quinte Canvas custom framed winter storage cover
- 2006 Quantum Sails asymmetrical spinnaker with deck bag & Chutescoop sleeve
- 2007 PYI Max-Prop 3-Blade feathering propeller
- 2008 Mainsail cover zipper
- 2009 Cutlass bearing replaced after line foul, new Doyle UV cover on genoa
- 2011 Replaced hose from raw water pump, 2 house & 1 motor West Marine 12V batteries
- 2012 Wheel cover zipper
- 2013 Bad fuel injector caused engine failure at ~500 hrs. – Larsen hauled engine & replaced all 3 fuel injectors and repaired bow fiberglass
- 2015 Doyle minor repairs & washed for both sails. Engine blower set continuous, engine valve adjustment at 100 hrs.
- 2016 Raymarine eS75 Multi-function display, Raymarine Evolution EV-100 Wheel Sail Autopilot pack, Raymarine wind transducer, Raymarine iTC-5 instrument transducer converter, 2 Caframo 12V marine fans.
- 2017 2 house & 1 motor West Marine 12V batteries
- 2019 Doyle UV cover for genoa. Mainsail cover zipper & added chafe pads
- 2020 Jabsco twist-n-lock head pump assembly, Yanmar engine key switch
- 2021 Scandvik basin faucet, Jabsco engine impeller, Yanmar starter solenoid
- 2022 VDO fuel gauge & sender, resealed port fixed window
- (October ’22: Added 34 gallons diesel with stabilizer, changed engine oil & filter, replaced secondary fuel filter & gasket, changed engine coolant, winterized engine, by-passed water heater, winterized water tanks/lines & pump, winterized shower & bilge pumps, disconnected head & all batteries, removed all sails/equipment to indoor storage, cleaned interior, waxed hull)
From the very first glance, “Summer Wind” captivates with her pure lines, generous interior volume and inviting cockpit. She has the perfect combination of performance, comfort and safety at sea. Just add your personal touches to match your dreams and create lifetime memories.
- Owner’s manuals in captain’s case for:
- Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 35
- Yanmar 3YM30 Diesel
- Vetus exhaust system
- Sparcraft rigging
- Lofrans Airon windlass
- Delta anchor
- Raymarine EV-1 auto-pilot (w/EV-100 & p70)
- Raymarine eS75 multi-function display
- Raymarine iTC-5 transducer converter
- Raymarine wind vane transducer
- Raymarine 435 chartplotter
- Navionics XL3 charts
- Standard Horizon Spectrum+ VHF
- Sony CDX stereo
- Eno stove / oven
- Veco refrigeration
- Jabsco water pressure system
- Jabsco manual head
- Gebo hatch shades
- Caframo marine fans
- Marineco power cord
- Chutescoop sleeve
- Shakespeare antenna
- Forespar mounts
- Windex vane
Sending your message. Please wait...
Thanks for your message! We'll get back to you shortly.
There was a problem sending your message. Please try again.
Please enter one valid email address.
Please complete all the fields in the form before sending.
Name Error. Use only alpha.
Message Error. Only Use only alpha and numbers.