SOLD – 1999 Tartan 4100 41′
- Deck Equipment
- Sails & Rigging
- Electronics & Navigation
- Upgrades & Improvements
- Additional Comments
“Patience Preferred” works well for the discerning sailor searching for a combination of speed, comfort and style. Cruise, club race or cross oceans. What’s your dream?
The interior is varnished cherry, with easy maintenance, varnished cherry battened overhead access panels and ultra-leather in the main cabin area. 12 stainless steel opening port lights w/screens & shades, 4 stainless steel deck hatches w/screens, two 4” chrome dorade vents and 4 Hella cabin fans provide excellent natural light & ventilation. There is a good mix of DC lighting including courtesy lights to illuminate the teak and holly cabin sole and cockpit on night sails.
The forward cabin has a large vee berth (6’06”X5’04” Tufted Topper & fitted sheets), with vanity and sink, hanging locker, cabinetry, screened deck hatch, fan, and two opening ports w/screens.
The salon’s port dinette converts to a comfortable double berth with storage underneath, behind and outboard. The starboard settee becomes a single with similar storage. The cherry drop leaf table seats six adults. The varnished teak interior grab rails make movement below decks safe and secure in a seaway.
The keyhole galley to port has storage galore, near center line 9” deep double sinks with manual water foot pump, hot and cold pressure water (Ambassador faucet) with a 6.4 gallon, 110v AC Isotemp hot water heater (2017), a large, front and top load, insulated ice box w/Adler Barbour (Domestic) Cold Machine 12v DC refrigeration with freezer and lights in both halves (2019), Corian counter tops, a gimbaled, three burner Force 10 propane stove with oven, built in microwave, and a built in garbage bin.
The outward facing navigation station is to starboard across from the galley. The navigation desk chair is on a pivot that has a custom reinforced bulkhead mounting. There are ample related lockers and room for an array of electronics.
The double entry head compartment is to starboard with a manual head & holding tank w/macerator (deck discharge with by pass for direct pump out has), molded solid surface counter tops w/integral sink, handheld shower, teak shower grate, independent shower sump pump, cabinet and storage shelves, and opening port w/screen.
The master stateroom is aft to starboard with a queen size double (6’06”X4’08”Tufted Topper & fitted sheets), hanging locker and shelves, and fan.
- Anchor roller
- CQR anchor w/275’ chain
- Simpson Lawrence electric windlass w/both foredeck and helm controls
- Molded foredeck anchor locker
- Deck/anchor wash down system
- Bow pulpit and stern rail
- 27” Stainless steel double lifelines with port and starboard boarding gates
- Cabin top teak handrails
- Six deck and mooring cleats with deck chocks
- Flares, horn, 3 fire extinguishers
- 4 fenders and dock lines
- Life sling in soft case mounted on stern rail
- Type IV horseshoe life ring mounted on stern rail
- Nav lights – Port and starboard running lights are up on the bow pulpit for good visibility. Stern light is mounted up on the stern rail. The combination steaming/deck light is on the mast. Anchor light is on top of mast.
- Dodger (2010) w/forward facing Makrolon panels (2018)
- Bimini w/ sun shades (2010)
- Sunbrella wheel cover
- Cockpit cushions
- Teak folding pedestal cockpit table
- Custom cockpit day sailing table with drink holders
- Teak cockpit comings
- Boat hook
- Power drop down transom/swim platform w/stainless steel boarding ladder
- Swim platform hot & cold handheld shower
- Magna grill
- Teak toe rail
- Exterior teak has multiple layers of Cetol
Sails & Rigging
- Cruise equipped and very easy to single hand
- The standing rigging is 1X19 stainless steel wire
- Split backstay with hydraulic adjuster
- Harken MKIII roller furling jib system
- Harken batt car system for main sail
- Spinnaker halyard
- North Sails Tri-radial 4 batten main sail w/cover (2020)
- North Sails Tri-radial 145 LP Genoa (2020)
- UK asymmetrical spinnaker w/ATN Spinnaker sleeve and tacker
- Sail area: 810 sq. ft. using 100% fore triangle
- Offshore Spars White double spreader (swept back), aluminum mast is keel stepped
- Harken lazy jacks
- Cockpit 2 reefing system
- Harken mainsheet traveler
- Adjustable genoa tracks
- Quick boom vang
- Spinlock sheet stoppers
- 2 Harken 53.2 self-tailing chrome primary winches
- 2 Harken 40.2 self-tailing chrome cabin top winches
- 3 Harken winch handles
- Lines led aft to cockpit
- Sunbrella UV protection on the roller furling head sail
- Sunbrella mainsail cover
- Dometic Cruisair 12,000 BTU air conditioning (2021)
- Manual bilge pump
- Automatic bilge pump
- Shower sump pump
- Engine single throttle/shift lever and wheel brake are on the steering pedestal
- Yanmar 3JH2-TE w/1,335 operating hours
- (1) 50 Gallon Aluminum Tank Under Port Settee and (1) 30 Gallon Polyethylene Tank Under Forward Vee Berth for a totaling 80 gallons
- Fresh water cooling
- Primary and secondary fuel filters
- Diesel fuel and propane shut off valves
- Two 11 lbs. propane tanks in dedicated locker
- (1) 50 Gallon Aluminum Tank under port settee and (1) 30 Gallon Polyethylene tank under forward vee berth for a totaling 80 gallons
- Dockside water connection with pressure regulator
- Isotemp Basic 24 6.4 marine hot water heater with mixing valve (2017)
- The manual head discharges to a holding tank w/gauge. The overboard discharge and macerator have been rendered inoperable for use on the Great Lakes
- Leather covered 48” stainless steel Edson wheel with custom designed rack and pinion steering
- Canvas wheel cover
- Emergency tiller
- PYI 3-blade Max Prop feathering propeller on a stainless steel shaft
- Raw water strainer
- Majestic Blue Awlgrip hull
- Custom steel cradle
- Engine Make: Yanmar 3JH2-TE
- Engine Year: 1998
- Total Power: 47hp
- Engine Hours: 1335
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Length Overall: 41.25ft
- Max Draft: 5.33ft
- Beam: 13.5ft
- Cabin Headroom: 6.42ft
- Fresh Water Tank: 1 X 80 Gal (Plastic)
- Fuel Tank: 1 X 50 Gal (Aluminum)
- Holding Tank: 1 X 24 Gal ()
Upgrades and Improvements
- (2) Raytheon E-80 GPS plotters w/GPS and 48 mile radar at helm station & nav station
- Sirius weather receiver integrated with E-80 Chart Plotters
- Sirius XM antenna and dock station
- Bimini sun shades
- Dodger w/forward facing Makrolon panels
- Isotemp Basic 24 6.4 marine hot water heater with mixing valve
- Forward facing Makrolon panels for the Dodger
- Adler Barbour (Domestic) Cold Machine 12v DC refrigeration with freezer and lights in both halves
- North Sails Tri-radial 4 batten main sail w/cover
- North Sails Tri-radial 145 LP Genoa
- (2) Deka Dominator 8-D gel house batteries
- (1) Deka Dominator Series 31 gel starter battery
- Domestic Cruisair 12,000 BTU air conditioning
The Tartan 4100 is a high end cruising yacht, offering graceful lines, moderate draft and a functional sail plan and deck layout. She is a quality built yacht that is safe, fast, and designed to sail under a full range of wind and sea conditions. Note: This is a 2nd owner boat always sailed on the cold, clean, freshwaters of the Great Lakes, and stored inside heated for 8 out of 12months of the year.
Sending your message. Please wait...
Thanks for your message! We'll get back to you shortly.
There was a problem sending your message. Please try again.
Please enter one valid email address.
Please complete all the fields in the form before sending.
Name Error. Use only alpha.
Message Error. Only Use only alpha and numbers.