SOLD – 1987 Bayfield 29′
- Deck Equipment
- Electronics & Navigation
- Sails & Rigging
- Upgrades & Improvements
- Additional Comments
“Rhapsody” offers sea kindliness, and ease of handling, combined with comfort and timeless beauty.
Number of heads: 1
The forepeak has a port hanging locker, open storage, and access to under the anchor locker.
The Jabsco manual head w/holding tank is to starboard (overboard discharge has been capped). Custom cabinetry was added behind and outboard of the head. There is an opening port w/ screen. To port you will find a stainless steel sink, pressure water, molded counter top, mirror, teak grate, more custom cabinetry, and storage shelves, opening port w/screen, Dorade vent, and deck hatch.
The salon’s port settee makes a comfortable single berth with storage behind and outboard. The starboard settee also has storage behind and outboard and can serve as a double berth. The center drop leaf table can be an aid to moving fore and aft below decks. There is a wide quarter berth to port. Good light and ventilation are provided by multiple opening ports w/screens, and the companionway has both louvered doors and screens. The interior grab rails make movement below decks safe and secure in a seaway.
The L-shaped galley to starboard has added storage cabinet, stainless steel sink near center line, hot and cold pressure water with a 6 gallon Seaward, 110v AC/engine heated hot water heater, a two burner Origo 4000 non pressure alcohol stove, and GE microwave oven, an insulated ice box to port.
The forward facing navigation station is to port at the front of the quarter berth. There are additional storage shelves under and outboard.
- Anchor roller
- Mason Supreme anchor w/1/2” nylon rode
- Anchor locker
- Bow pulpit and stern rail
- Vinyl covered stainless steel double lifelines with port and starboard boarding gates
- Slotted aluminum toe rails
- Teak grab rails
- Six mooring cleats
- Dorade vent for head compartment
- Fenders and dock lines
- Flares, bell, horn, 2 fire extinguishers, wood plugs
- Nav lights – Port and starboard running lights are up on the bow pulpit for good visibility. Stern light is mounted up on the stern rail. The steaming light/deck light is on the front of the mast
- Cockpit cushions
- Teak folding cockpit pedestal table w/drink holder
- Boat hooks
- Boarding ladder
Sails & Rigging
- Cruise equipped and very easy to single hand
- Standing rigging is 1X19 stainless steel wire
- Harken roller furling jib (1988)
- Harken roller furling staysail (1989)
- Manual boom vang
- Lazy jack main sail flaking system
- Inboard jib tracks
Original 7.8 oz. Dacron main sail w/2 reef points & sail cover
Quantum 5 oz. Dacron roller furling Yankee w/UV cover
Quantum 6 oz. Dacron roller furling Staysail w/UV cover
Sail area: 468 sq. ft.
Anodized aluminum mast with single spreaders is keel stepped
- Ronstan mainsheet traveler on top of transom
- 2 Lewmar #30 self-tailing primary winches
- 2 Lewmar #7 secondary winches
- 3 Lewmar #7 winches on cabin top
- 3 Regular winch handles
- 2 batteries
- Battery parallel switch
- Guest 10 amp Charge Pro 2611A battery charger (2009)
- 55 amp alternator
- 50’ 30 amp shore power cord w/20 amp pig tail
- 12 volt DC electronic panel w/battery tester
- 110 volt AC panel w/circuit breakers
Total Power: 18 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 1987
Engine Model: 2GM20F
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 18 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 2 Plastic (25 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 1 Stainless steel (20 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 Plastic (20 Gallons)
- Manual bilge pump (needs to be replaced)
- Engine throttle, shift levers and wheel brake are on the steering pedestal
- Engine emergency alarm
- Engine emergency stop
- Fresh water cooling
- Primary and secondary fuel filters
- Diesel fuel shut off valve
- The Jabsco manual head discharges to a holding tank. The overboard discharge has been capped
- Edson stainless steel steering wheel – manual cable and quadrant steering
- Emergency tiller in starboard cockpit locker
- 3 Blade 13” X 11” fixed bronze prop on a 1” stainless steel shaft
- Kazi manual transmission
- Raw water strainer
- Proper bronze seacocks
- Seaward hot water heater
- Traditional antifoul bottom paint
- Bayfield, Yanmar and other operating manuals
Upgrades & Improvements
- Harken roller furler for Yankee jib
- Harken roller furler for Staysail
- Autohelm 4000 autopilot
- Sony CDX M501P
- Guest 10 amp Charge Pro 2611A battery charger
- Replaced mainsail cover
- Replace UV protecting covering on both head sails
- New Harken mainsheet bag
- Replaced both batteries
- Replaced screens for all six opening ports
- 6-23 Install new fresh water pump, Shurflo 275-29010213. (Pugh’s)
- 10-11 Annual maintenance – oil change and filter on engine, change oil on gear case, and change fuel filter. (Pugh’s)
- 7-3 Replaced Jabsco manual head 290-30009532748.
- 9-8 Annual maintenance – oil change and filter on engine, change oil on gear case. (Pugh’s)
- 4-15 Annual maintenance – oil change and filter on engine, change oil on gear case. (Pugh’s)
- 10-25 Annual maintenance – oil change and filter on engine, change oil on gear case. (Pugh’s)
- 7-15 Diag. & repair fuel leak at fittings for Racor filter. (Pugh’s)
- 9-15 Annual maintenance – oil change and filter on engine, change oil on gear case. (Pugh’s)
- Last time Rhapsody in the water, when owner injury the day after launch resulted in boat not being used during the season.
2020 – 2022
- On the hard due to Covid 19 and owner’s health
- During the derecho in October 2020, the cockpit drains clogged while on the hard, and the boat took on water filling the bilge and up to the cabin sole in some places. The water was pumped out, fuel was tested for water and no water found, and engine oil was tested for water and no water found.
- 3-22-21 – Annual maintenance – oil change and filter on engine, change oil on gear case, and change fuel filter. (Pugh’s)
Bayfield yachts are known to be top quality, offshore cruising boats. Their beautiful teak interiors match the comfort of their sea kindly hulls. “Rhapsody” could serve you well as your family summer get a way.
Sending your message. Please wait...
Thanks for your message! We'll get back to you shortly.
There was a problem sending your message. Please try again.
Please enter one valid email address.
Please complete all the fields in the form before sending.
Name Error. Use only alpha.
Message Error. Only Use only alpha and numbers.